May 20, 2012

French Bread with Boysenberry Syrup and Agave Whipped Cream

It's been a productive day. This morning before church I was actually inspired to cook! Usually on Sundays my poor men are subjected to cold cereal and bananas. Today I made french toast. I made it with regular bread for the guys and Gluten Free for me! Today I used UDI's Whole Grain Bread.

GF french toast with boysenberry syrup, agave whipped cream, and sprinkled with cinnamon.

Keep in mind that these recipes are a guesstimation. This is one of those dishes that I just pour ingredients into without measuring.

This "batter" is the perfect amount for 5-6 slices of regular sized bread. In my case, it yielded 3 regular french toasts with 2 GF (remember, they are irritatingly smaller than normal bread). If you are seriously allergic, DO NOT SHARE THE BATTER BETWEEN REGULAR AND GF BREAD! Unless, of course, you do your GF first.
  • 4 fresh eggs
  • 4 Tbs organic cream
  • 1 tsp raw sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
I use the regular bread right out of the packaging, but I toast the GF till it just barely starts to brown. It tends to get soggy and fall apart too easily otherwise. Don't let the bread soak, just dip it around in the batter until it's covered.

I cook my french bread pretty slowly, over medium-lowish heat. Flip as often as your heart desires, just pay attention and don't overcook it!

I am not always fond of maple syrup, and tend to like the Boysenberry Syrup better. I personally buy Smucker's. I adore it with agave whipped cream:
  • 2 C organic cream
  • 2 Tbs agave syrup
  • 1 Tbs vanilla extract
 Serve the french bread hot, with syrup and fresh agave whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try the agave whipped cream - sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, not too sweet. It's a perfect compliment to the sweet sweet boysenberry syrup.

      Delete