May 16, 2012

Counting Frogs

Ok, I have got to start somewhere with this blog, so frogs seems as good a place as any. I have had an unnaturally high frog-in-my-living room count this month. I rescued one from inside the glass door and shooed another one away on the outside as I was coming inside tonight. I have a security light that stays on all night outside our front door. We live out in the sticks, so there is no ambient light to make me feel more secure if I hear weird noises from outside. Said light attracts bugs. LOTS of bugs, and since I don't use much in the way of bug poison/bait in my garden I have developed a rather healthy, oh, how shall I say...ecosystem. I love frogs. I ADORE frogs. I don't want them in my house, being subjected to very slow deaths via Chester. In the past 4 weeks I have rescued at least 5 frogs from my cat, Chester. He is not an efficient hunter. Sufficient, arguably, but not efficient. How do these little buggers (get it? ha!) keep getting inside! I wonder if there is a way to put up a "frog count" on this??? hm...

Just one of my visitors. They move so quick I only captured a pic of one.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ruthii, I love frogs too! But I've never found one in my house, which I guess is a good thing. I just started a blog a few months ago too. Come say hi at www.withmilkandsugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uggg... i do not like frogs... to a point were one could call it a bit of a phoebia... probably because i was tortured by an older sister of mine who ADORES frogs ;) I want to see them happy though so keep savin them! Tell Chester, "Frogs are Friends, NOT Food!"

      Delete
  2. I miss frogs. :-( I hope we have some at our next house... Love the blog Ruthii!

    ReplyDelete